Somerville Municipal Court will be held this Thursday, June 11th at 5PM. Please abide by the following rules for court during this COVID-19 crisis:
1. Only those listed on the docket will be allowed in the courtroom. Do not bring your family members with you. They will not be allowed inside. Do not bring children with you.
2. If you are a minor, you may bring one parent inside with you
3. Those entering the courtroom will need to wear a mask.
4. Those needing an interpreter will be allowed to bring one in with them.
5. Those being represented by an attorney may come into the court with their attorney.
6. Defendants will be allowed into court by number. You must wait outside or in your vehicle until your number is called.
7. Your temperature will be taken before you enter the courtroom. If you have a temp above 100.4 you will be turned away.
DO NOT COME TO COURT IF YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO THE VIRUS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU CALL TOWN HALL TO SEE IF YOU CAN SETTLE YOUR CASE WITHOUT A COURT APPEARANCE. 256-778-8282
PLEASE BE PATIENT. COURT WILL BE A LONG PROCESS DUE TO VIRUS PROTOCOLS.
Municipal Court is held once a month on the second Thursday at 5:00 PM to hear municipal offenses such as traffic tickets and misdemeanors. To pay your fines, please mail a money order or
cashier's check (no personal checks) to:
Town of Somerville
PO BOX 153
Somerville, AL 35670
or make payments online at www.somervillepayments.com
You may also call 1-800-701-8560 to make payments by phone. There is a fee assessed for online and phone payments.
Court is held every second Thursday at the Hillard Long Community Center.
The physical address for the center is:
48 Main Street
Somerville, AL 35670
For any requests for accident reports, copies of municipal traffic tickets or receipts of payment, there is a fee of $10 if sent by mail or $5 if picked up in person. You may pay with cash, money order or cashiers check. For copies by mail, please request in writing with a self-addressed stamped return envelope.